Welcome to Thai Language Online
« Thai Language Online » is dedicated to promote and advance Thai language learning among English speaking learners worldwide. This site is intended to serve as a gateway for the general public to access high quality technology enhanced Thai Language instructional materials developed for use in Thai as a Foreign Language classes at University of Hawaii-Manoa. This also include resources on Thai culture recreated with technology enhancement for mobile-friendly online access.
Thai Language online’s quickstart
What you need to know:What you need to know:There are two groups of Thai language (and culture) resources available at « Thai Language Online » with different level of accessibility:
- Open Access- everything under RESOURCES menu
- Restricted Access- everything under LEARNING MATERIALS menu
Open access Thai language resources for the general public.Currently available are:
- TLCB Audio-Visual Resources: Online companion audio-visual Resources for Thai Language and Culture for Beginners Book 1 & Book 2
- AUA Reading Thai: AUA Language Center Thai Course Reading and Writing (Mostly Reading) units with interactive audio enhancement of the reading exercises.
- Learning Thai From Songs
- Festivals of Thailand: Screencasts of Ministry of Culture (Office of the National Culture Commission) Interactive Multimedia CD. (2002)
- Chiranan’s Poetry Reading: Video recordings of Chiranan Pitpreecha’s reading of her poems, with text. Some with English translation.
- Art of Thai Puppetry: A documentary video clip produced by Wandee Limpawattana, Thammasat University.
- Misc. links: links to other Thai language resources
Thai language instructional materials for Thai language courses at the University of Hawaii-Manoa. Access is restricted to TLO members and students of the courses at UHM. See Register for membership information.
- TLCB E-Books: Interactive Multimedia mobile friendly E-Book version of Thai Language and Culture for Beginners Book 1 & Book 2. With interactive multimedia flashcards.
- TLCB E-Activities: Interactive Multimedia mobile friendly online activities for TLCB books. Only the four lessons of Unit 1 are currently available. The rest are in progress.
- Reading Thai Script: Interactive Multimedia E-tutorials (48 lessons) based on the units of AUA Language Center Thai Course Reading and Writing (Mostly Reading) book. With 60 additional exercises and interactive multimedia flashcards.
« Thai Language Online » is not a commercial enterprise. It took several thousand hours to develop the materials available on this site. TLO site is an ongoing project and we continue to add new materials and update/enhance existing materials with new technology.
Please consider making a donation to support us in maintaining, updating and developing additional materials to TLO. A donation of USD 25 or more to the following account entitles you to be a TLO member and have access to MATERIALS for a year. See Donate for more information.
UH Foundation (UHM Thai Program Account Number 127-0550-4), Click here for donation.