Welcome to Thai Language Online
« Thai Language Online » is dedicated to promote and advance Thai language learning among English speaking learners worldwide. This site is intended to serve as a gateway for the general public to access high quality technology enhanced Thai Language instructional materials developed for use in Thai as a Foreign Language classes at University of Hawaii-Manoa. This also include resources on Thai culture recreated with technology enhancement for mobile-friendly online access.
Thai Language online’s quickstart
What you need to know:What you need to know:There are two groups of Thai language (and culture) resources available at « Thai Language Online » with different level of accessibility:
- Open Access- everything under RESOURCES menu
- Member Access- everything under LEARNING MATERIALS menu
* Please note that you need to register before you can access "Materials) content.
Thai Language Online (TLO) membership is free.
Open access Thai language resources for the general public.Currently available are:
- TLCB Audio-Visual Resources: Online companion audio-visual Resources for Thai Language and Culture for Beginners Book 1 & Book 2
- AUA Reading Thai: AUA Language Center Thai Course Reading and Writing (Mostly Reading) units with interactive audio enhancement of the reading exercises.
- Learning Thai From Songs
- Festivals of Thailand: Screencasts of Ministry of Culture (Office of the National Culture Commission) Interactive Multimedia CD. (2002)
- Chiranan’s Poetry Reading: Video recordings of Chiranan Pitpreecha’s reading of her poems, with text. Some with English translation.
- Art of Thai Puppetry: A documentary video clip produced by Wandee Limpawattana, Thammasat University.
- Misc. links: links to other Thai language resources
Thai language instructional materials for Thai language courses at the University of Hawaii-Manoa. Access is restricted to TLO members and students of the courses at UHM. See Register for membership information. Please register to be TLO member and have access to materials.
TLO membership is free, renewal annually.
- TLCB E-Books: Interactive Multimedia mobile friendly E-Book version of Thai Language and Culture for Beginners Book 1 & Book 2. With interactive multimedia flashcards.
- TLCB E-Activities: Interactive Multimedia mobile friendly online activities for TLCB books. Only the four lessons of Unit 1 are currently available. The rest are in progress.
- Reading Thai Script: Interactive Multimedia E-tutorials (48 lessons) based on the units of AUA Language Center Thai Course Reading and Writing (Mostly Reading) book. With 60 additional exercises and interactive multimedia flashcards.
« Thai Language Online » is not a commercial enterprise. It took several thousand hours to develop the materials available on this site. TLO site is an ongoing project and we continue to add new materials and update/enhance existing materials with new technology.
Please consider making a donation to support us in maintaining, updating and developing additional materials to TLO.
UH Foundation (UHM Thai Program Account Number 127-0550-4), Click here for donation.